Oh, yum! Juicy, flavorful wings! I had no idea how great of a marinade salsa verde could be. It really added a fantastic flavor to these wings. They were so tender, yet still had a nicely crunchy skin. Served with citrus salsa verde cream sauce for dipping, I really enjoyed these wings!
If you have any juices on the baking dish as the wings cook, brush it back onto the wings for extra flavor. I found it important to turn the wings often to get a nice even cook and also crunchy skin. I did not have to put the wings under the broiler to crunch them up, these baked salsa verde wings didn’t need it!
You’ll also want to make these awesome wings:
Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wings
Sweet Baby Ray’s Garlic Parmesan Wings
Buffalo Wild Wings Jammin’ Jalapeno Wings
Texas Pete Extra Mild Buffalo Wings
Tangy Tapatio Barbecue Wings
Check out my always-growing list of homemade wing sauces and seasonings.
Baked Salsa Verde Wings
- Season the wings with salt and pepper.
- Transfer wings to a resealable bag or container. Add 1 cup of the salsa verde. Seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Transfer wings to a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until the wings are done, turning every 10 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, lime juice and remaining salsa verde in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve wings hot with the sauce for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate and will not include any store-bought wing sauce or seasoning nutritional values.