I was looking for a new dipping sauce for wings. I love Ranch, I have to admit that it’s my go-to. But I also love blue cheese dressing. So I made this copycat of the blue cheese salad dressing from Outback Steakhouse. This instantly became my favorite wing dipping sauce (and salad dressing).
You really need to let this copycat Outback Steakhouse blue cheese salad dressing ‘get happy’ in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. I actually prefer to let it sit overnight. The flavors get blended as you wait, and the wait is worth it. If you taste the dressing just moments after you make it you might disappointed as it won’t have much flavor. That flavor comes later, so be patient! Then get you some wings, a bowl of this dressing and GET TO IT!
Copycat Outback Steakhouse Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together by hand in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.