Pepper Jelly Barbecue Wings
I brushed the wings with the pepper jelly barbecue wing sauce just before they were done.
For the wings
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips saved to make stock
- sauce from below
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 10 ounces pepper jelly
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke see instructions, you might want to start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste it first
For the sauce
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until softened and lightly browned.
Add the garlic and chili sauce. Stir and cook another minute.
Add remaining ingredients. I recommend using all of the liquid smoke, but you can start with half and taste to see if it's to your liking.
Calories: 559kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 414IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate and will not include any store-bought wing sauce or seasoning nutritional values.