Oh my goodness do I ever love this tangy wing sauce. Simple, no-frills ingredients go together in no time. The result is a kicked-up Buffalo wing sauce. Just the right amount of kick. Not so much vinegar. And the perfect consistency. The sauce sticks to the wings without being gloppy. Perfect.
If you want your tangy wing sauce to have a bit more kick you can add a few pinches of cayenne. Or a few good shakes of hot sauce. But don’t go crazy with the heat. This sauce is pretty perfect as it is.
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container.
- Add the oil. Seal and shake to coat. Add the seasoning, seal, and shake to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Toss wings with sauce before serving.
For the sauce (prepare when you start cooking the wings)
- Whisk together the BBQ sauce, olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the Buffalo wing sauce and the BBQ sauce mixture.
- Stir and keep warm until ready to use.