Ahhhh. Something different. Something new. That’s what I was looking for when I ran across this recipe for pimento cheese ranch dressing. Oh, no, not for a salad, though it’s great for them. Nope, I made this for dipping my spicy hot Buffalo wings. It cooled me right now, and it was a welcome change from my ‘usual’ ranch or blue cheese dressing.
This pimento cheese ranch dressing isn’t thick. It’s a fairly thin sauce, which makes it perfect also as a salad dressing. It is still thick enough to stick to wings, which is why we’re here today. It’ll cool you down from that batch of mouth-on-fire wings, for sure!
Pimento Cheese Ranch Dressing
- 4 ounces pimentos jarred diced, drained
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Note: If you're making these as a salad dressing instead of as a wing dipping sauce, reserve 1 tablespoon of the diced pimentos before processing. Stir in the remaining pimentos after the dressing is smooth, giving it a little texture.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth, 20-30 seconds.