I love blackened chicken. I make a mean blackened chicken Alfredo dish. Being that I’ve been on a major chicken wing kick lately (ever since discovering dry wings), I wanted to get that great blackened seasoning flavor on a wing. And I did. Oh, did I. Blackened dry wings are truly a great thing. Spicy, with hints of onion and garlic. Great eats. I found myself licking all the seasoning off my fingers and still craving more.
This is one time I was not shy with the seasoning on my wings. I usually like to be a little light, just so I can still taste the chicken. But blackened seasoning has to be over-the-top. It can’t be done lightly or there just isn’t any point to it. I love dry wings.
Blackened Dry Wings
- Place the wings into a resealable bag or container.
- Add the oil and 3 tablespoons of the blackened seasoning. Seal and shake well to coat.
- Let wings marinade for 1-4 hours.
- Transfer cooked wings to a bowl and sprinkle with the remaining blackened seasoning. Toss gently to coat.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.